Backing up your iPhone is one of the few simplest things you can do with the device and the process is very a piece of cake. iPhone back up process has never gotten this simpler, you will have no trouble at all doing it. You can back up photos, videos, documents, music and any important data your mobile device holds.
Accidents do happen and the wise thing to do is to prepare for them before they do happen as you can’t prevent most of them from happening. The backup process helps to protect your information in case of theft, loss, replicates or damages. It keeps your phone safe. It is like having all your valuable data stored in a safety deposit box at the bank.
If your phone gets damaged by fire or anything for that matter, you can easily recover all backed up files to your new phone. The recovery process is literally as easy as 1, 2,3, and you can do it anytime using your login details. You can either back up on iTunes or icloud for safe storage. You will need an available Wi-Fi network to be able to sync your device to the server.
- Connect your device to a WI-FI network and make sure the network is available.
- Simply go to settings and select iCloud from the list provided; Next, scroll down to find the icloud icon for users with older devices.
- Tap on iCloud backup on the menu, now you need to turn icloud backup on before you can start using it.
- Tap the button, back up now. As a result, the backup process begins. Make sure your phone is connected to the internet when the backup process is still running.
NB: only iCloud offers automatic back up data. Steps are as follows
- Make sure first that icloud is on
- Connect your device to WI-FI
- Your device will need to be connected to a power source with the screen locked
- Check if your available space on icloud is sufficient enough for auto backups.
You will be able to view completed back up’s displayed by time and date of the backup. To view recent back up’s, go back to your iCloud settings. Details of any recent back up will be displayed under the back up now button.
iTunes back up
- Open your iTunes app on your phone or go directly to their site.
- You will need to provide your login details before you are granted account access.
- Select your device when it appears on the screen (iPhone).
- You can start backing up your data now.
Why is back up important
All your data will be protected from accidents; your data will be stored remotely on secure cloud servers. You won’t have to ever worry yourself about losing any data due to water damages, natural or personal disasters. You will be the only person having the login details to your account, protecting your information even if your device is repaired.
Apple offers the most secure cloud servers to user’s so that you won’t have to worry about anyone gaining unauthorized access to your information. You can automatically set back up data to update backed up data every time synched to your iCloud or iTunes Account. iPhone back up and auto back up only work when you’re mobile connects to WI-FI.
Everything new you add to your phone will also be automatically added to your back up. This helps in making back up process even simpler than anything you can imagine. You can even back up all your devices in one account. This ultimately provides easier access and device management. This also means you will be able to keep a record data on all your devices from one device.
You can log in iTunes or icloud and manage the way your data should be displayed. Also, you can delete old data that turns to be obsolete. You don’t need it anymore. iPhones just don’t offer you security on your device, you can easily back up your phone for extra security and easy recovery.